Every doula has different skills, experience and fees. These are some of your options at B*E*S*T:
• Virtual “Hello”: A short, 15-20 minute virtual meeting so you can ask some questions and get more information.
$100-$120: Full Interview/Childbirth and Newborn Tips:
• Full Virtual Interview: The interviews usually last about 1-1/2 hours, if that helps you decide which day and time works best for you. The interview is very informational and you will learn a lot about birth and newborn care. If you want the packet of handouts and samples that I would provide at an in person interview, I will ship it to you for $20. This “interview” is the first class of the series.
$200-$500: Virtual Childbirth Preparation Classes:
• Three prenatal classes (about five to six hours of one-on-one childbirth education) to educate you and get to know each other, tips on how to get the birth you want in a hospital setting, what hospital protocols and necessary and how, when and why to avoid to unnecessary ones. The cost for the complete series of 3 prenatal classes is $500. If you have pregnant friends who are also interested in childbirth preparation classes and want to take the class together, I offer a $50 discount to you and each friend who also signs up for the complete series. If you only want one or two prenatal classes, the cost is $200 each. There is no discount for individual classes.
These prenatal classes will prepare you for birth and you won’t have to take any additional childbirth education classes other than Infant CPR.
$500-$2500: Virtual Labor Support:
• Hourly: If you have taken all three prenatal classes, there is a $500 retainer fee for virtual labor support. Of that, $300 is non-refundable and will ensure my availability. The $200 balance will go toward the hourly rate for virtual labor support. NOTE: If you have not taken the full series, there is an additional $500 fee for virtual support without preparation.
• Hourly Rate for Virtual Labor Support (prorated by 15 minute increments per call):
• 7:00 a.m – 7:00 p.m. $60/hour or $15 for up to 15 minutes per call.
• 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. $80/hour or $20 for up to 15 minutes per call.
• 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. $120/hour or $30 for up to 15 minutes per call.
• Unlimited: If you don’t want to be concerned about the hours being used or keeping track of time during labor, I am happy to provide unlimited virtual support for as much time as you need. The flat rate for this support is $2,000 if you have taken all 3 prenatal visits or $2500 if you have not.
$2,000-$3,200 In-person Labor Support:
• When we are not in quarantine, my standard fee is $3,200 with discounts that can bring it down to $2,000. My fee is high because of my extensive experience (685 births — the last three were virtual).
The doulas at B*E*S*T have a range of fees from $2,500 to $3,500, but I also work with some brand new doulas who charge less. If my fee is too far out of your price range, just let me know about your budgetary concerns and I will try to find you a more affordable doula. Your time will be better spent interviewing doulas you can afford!
The Next Step: Please fill out the “Let’s Meet” form or email or call me, if you have any questions. I’d love to talk with you about what you need and how I can help you have the type of birth you want.