Every doula has different skills, experience and fees. These are some of your options at B*E*S*T:
• Virtual Interview: A free, 20-30 minute virtual meeting so you can ask some questions and get more information. To schedule a Virtual Interview, please use this Calendly Link.
*NOTE: If you would like to move forward following the Virtual Interview, please fill out the Let’s Meet form so I will have all of your basic information to provide the best support for your needs.
• Introductory Class – Pregnancy, Childbirth and Newborn Tips: This introductory class takes about 1-1/2 hours and costs $100. You will learn a lot about pregnancy, birth and newborn care. If you want the packet of samples that I will discuss, I will ship it to you for $25. This introductory is the first class of the series to help you decide if I am the right doula and educator for you.
• Virtual Childbirth Preparation Classes: In addition to the introductory class, these three Childbirth Preparation Classes (about five to six hours of one-on-one childbirth education) to educate you and get to know each other, tips on how to get the birth you want in a hospital setting, what hospital protocols are necessary and how, when and why to avoid to the unnecessary ones. These Childbirth Preparation Classes will prepare you for birth. You won’t need to take any additional childbirth education classes other than Infant CPR.
(See Discounts Below)
• Hourly Virtual Labor Support: If you have taken all three prenatal classes, there is a $500 retainer fee for virtual labor support. This fee is non-refundable and will ensure my availability. $200 of this fee balance will go toward the hourly rate for virtual labor support. If the calls reach the $200 budget, additional time may be purchased through PayPal at the hourly rate. Payment for unused time will be refunded by request. Rate for Hourly Virtual Labor Support: $100/hour, prorated by 15 minute increments per call or $25 per call for up to 15 minutes. For example, a 10 minute call would be $25 – a 25 minute call would be $50.
• Unlimited Virtual Labor Support: If you don’t want to be concerned about the hours being used or keeping track of time during labor, I am happy to provide unlimited virtual support for as much time as you need. The flat rate for this support is $1,000 if you have taken all 3 Childbirth Preparation Classes or $1,500 if you have not.
• Unlimited Combo In-Person PLUS Virtual Labor Support: Also called the “best of both worlds” option. A newer doula will provide hands-on support while your highly experienced doula will be available for unlimited support virtually throughout your labor. The flat rate for this support is $1,500 if you have taken all 3 Childbirth Preparation Classes or $2,000 if you have not.
• In-Person Labor Support: In-person labor support is currently dependent on your hospital’s Covid-19 policy. If two doulas are allowed to attend your birth, a shadow doula will be included at no extra cost. The fee for in-person support is $2,700 if you have taken all 3 Childbirth Preparation Classes or $3,200 if you have not. If only one doula is allowed to attend your birth, a shadow doula will attend your birth (See Unlimited Combo option above).
• In-Person Labor Support: If you only want Tracy Hartley to attend your birth in-person, the fee is $5,000. This option is not available if you have not taken all 3 Childbirth Preparation Classes.
– The cost for the complete package of three Childbirth Preparation Classes is $500. If you have a pregnant friend or friends who join you virtually for a “group” class, each friend gets a $50 discount and you get a $50 discount for each friend.
– Discount for labor support for second vaginal birth (virtual or in-person)
The doulas at B*E*S*T have a range of fees from $2,500 to $5,000, but I also work with some brand new doulas who charge less. If my fee is too far out of your price range, just let me know about your budgetary concerns and I will try to find you a more affordable doula. Your time will be better spent interviewing doulas you can afford!
The Next Step: Please fill out the Let’s Meet form or email or call me, if you have any questions. I’d love to talk with you about what you need and how I can help you have the type of birth you want.