Articles and Handouts
about birth related procedures
The following documents are in printer-friendly portable document format (pdf). You’ll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print these files. If you don’t have this program, get it for free on the Adobe website.
Cord Clamping and Cord Blood Banking
- Banking Umbilical Cord Blood
- Journal of Midwifery Study: Delayed Cord Clamping
- Cochrane on Delayed Cord Clamping
- Delayed Cord Clamping Increases Iron Stores in Baby
- Do We Clamp Cord Too Soon?
- Early Cord Clamping
- Risks of Early Cord Clamping
- Better fine motor skills with delayed cord clamping
- Effect of Delayed Cord Clamping on Neurodevelopment at 4 Years of Age
- Delayed Umbilical Cord Clamping May Benefit Children Years Later
- Delayed Cord Clamping Ground Rounds