B*E*S*T Doula Service has been supporting families through pregnancy, labor, and birth since 1996.
During the Pandemic, doulas weren’t being allowed in hospitals, so B*E*S*T Doula Service pivoted the business to provide childbirth education and labor support virtually. While this worked pretty well and clients were very happy to be able to call an experienced doula at any hour of the day or night with questions during labor or to ask for suggestions and solutions to whatever situation they found themselves in, they missed the hands-on aspect of doula services.
Fortunately, there’s a way for you to benefit from the tremendous amount of experience without paying the high fees that other experienced doulas and even many with much less experience are charging.
Problem: You want a very experienced doula who will know what to do in any situation, but they’re so expensive!
Problem: You want someone who can be with you no matter how long your labor last and can provide hands-on support. They charge less money, but they lack experience.
B*E*S*T Doula Service has the perfect solution for you!
Sign up for childbirth education classes online in the comfort of your home. The classes are taught by tracy hartley and, if you choose, can be attended by a newer doula who will then be the one who is in person at your birth. If you or your partner or your hands-on doula have questions or need suggestions during labor, you can call at any time for virtual support.
It’s the best of both worlds – wisdom gained by many years of experience combined with the energy and enthusiasm of an eager new doula. The perfect combination!
What are your options?
Virtual Interview: A free, 20-30 minute virtual meeting so you can ask some questions and get more information.
Introductory Class – Pregnancy, Childbirth and Newborn Tips: This introductory class takes about 1-1/2 hours. You will learn a lot about pregnancy, birth and newborn care. This introductory is the first class of the series to help you decide if I am the right doula and educator for you.
Virtual Childbirth Preparation Classes: In addition to the introductory class, these three Childbirth Preparation Classes (about five to six hours of one-on-one childbirth education) to educate you and get to know each other, tips on how to get the birth you want in a hospital setting, what hospital protocols are necessary and how, when and why to avoid to the unnecessary ones. These Childbirth Preparation Classes will prepare you for birth. You won’t need to take any additional childbirth education classes other than Infant CPR.
Hourly Virtual Labor Support: Available if you have taken all three prenatal classes. You can call if you are scared, feel stuck, or just need some suggestions or help understanding what is happening.
Unlimited Virtual Labor Support: If you don’t want to be concerned about the hours being used or keeping track of time during labor, I am happy to provide unlimited virtual support for as much time as you need.
Unlimited Combo In-Person PLUS Virtual Labor Support: Also called the “best of both worlds” option. A newer doula will provide hands-on support while your highly experienced doula will be available for unlimited support virtually throughout your labor.
In-Person Labor Support: In-person labor support is currently dependent on your hospital’s Covid-19 policy. If two doulas are allowed to attend your birth, a shadow doula will be included at no extra cost. The shadow doula will support you when you need their support and the primary doula will join you when you are in active labor. This option is not available if you have not taken all 3 Childbirth Preparation Classes.
- Free virtual interview with lots of valuable information for birth!
- Relaxation for Birth (hypnosis preparation)
- Extensive Birth Preparation Handouts
- Childbirth education to prepare you and your partner for your labor, birth and newborn
- Assistance with and preparation of a Birth Plan that works
- Telephone support and advice throughout pregnancy and immediate postpartum
- Suggestions for a more comfortable pregnancy and birth
- Massage and other alternative pain relief measures during labor
- Continuous, uninterrupted support throughout labor and birth and immediate postpartum (available with in person or unlimited virtual support)
- Labor and birth positioning suggestions for comfort and labor progress
- Breastfeeding preparation, information and support
- Invoice for your insurance reimbursement (clients are sometimes reimbursed up to 70% of the fee paid)
- Written record of the entire labor and birth (available with in person support)
- Photographs or videotape of labor, birth and/or new baby (available with in person support)
- Guaranteed backup doulas
- A birth ball available for your use during labor (available with in person support)